Samsung are coming out with a brand new flagship phone every few months or so, which is before most of us have even finished paying for the last flagship phone.
So it shouldn’t come as a surprise, Samsung recently announced that a press conference will take place in Barcelona on February 24. That day also happens to be the first day of Mobile World Congress 2014.
Interestingly, Samsung has called the event “Unpacked 5”. Although nothing about the event title gives anything away, rumour has it that we may be hearing about the S5 during this event.
Samsung’s relentless rapid progression on the cutting edge seems to give them an upper hand when compared with Apple. They are pushing the boundaries of their technology with bigger, always better and faster than before devices, in terms of hardware. Android is also progressing and is already far more dynamic than iOS. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a long time user of both iPhone and Android, both have their pros and cons.
Fanboy speeches aside. Back to the gossip and rumor. The Galaxy S5 specs have apparently been leaked, including some hardware details and a few other features. These have been speculated all over the web and should be taken with a pinch of salt. I’ll list them below, but please don’t take my word for these, a quick Google search will turn up a few hundred articles claiming to have info on the suspected specs of the S5.
- As usual, we’ll get an over saturated 5.24 inch Amoled display.
- A reported resolution of 1440×2560 with 561 pixel count per inch.
- A hefty 3200mAh battery capacity, which only seems to be enough to cover the increased specs while maintaining current charging expectations from daily use.
- 16x megapixel back facing camera with full 1080p 30fps recording. Likely to be ISOCELL technology based. Apparently this new tech has superior low-light capability.
- 3.2 mega pixel front camera.
- CPU will either be a Quad core Exynos6 or Snapdragon based chipset, depending on which version is released and where. Also reported is 3gb to 8gb of RAM. Obviously with this amount of RAM it’ll have to be a 64bit CPU.
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Android Kitkat 4.4One rumour even suggests an aluminium casing rather than the usual polycarbonate plastic shell which Samsung is famous for.
Well there is just a few days to go before the “Unpacked 5” event kicks off, lets see what they have in store or us.